Thursday, August 26, 2010

Toenails- A Runners Worst Foe!

After losing multiple toenails through the years- I found this article very amusing! It truely is something to ponder. Women who have back pain from large breasts have them reduced and no one has a problem with that, but it seems that having your toenails removed due to the painful blackening/infections/and ultimate loss of the nail is quite the taboo. Interesting... read this article to learn more about it!
Not sure that I am ready to make that jump- but having just lost my pinky toenail (which hurts everytime I move!) I can see why an ultra runner would consider it. (btw- my running shoes are an 11.5 and I normally wear a 10!!) Crazy!




http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/22/fashion/22FITNESS.html?_r=1&ref=health

No comments:

Post a Comment